Stark Tech, a total facilities optimization provider, has promoted Jeff Close to Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer. Close will be responsible for improving the company’s operational efficiency across multiple divisions, resource planning, quality control, and organizational development. The newly created position will play a pivotal role in the re-organization of the company under one name that’s organized by business unit, including Integration, Equipment, Intelligence, and Implementation.
Close was most recently President of Engineering for PRES, which joined Stark Tech in 2017, and is part of the Implementation business unit. For the past 15 years, Close has proven success managing the PRES team, coordinating large and small projects, and overseeing the entire process from concept engineering to construction completion. He has provided mentorship and technical expertise, providing guidance to the project team, business development, and assisting at the corporate level to achieve the company’s vision and growth trajectories.
Key aspects of this new role include:
- Increasing operational efficiencies by more closely integrating operational activities, to accelerate the pace of growth projects as the company is currently expanding its main operations.
- Working within the Executive team on a day-to-day basis to support the mission and vision of the organization.
- Closely liaising with directors and managers of the various divisions to meet customer expectations and schedules.
- Benchmarking KPIs across business units within the organization, creating standardized process/procedures utilizing Lean /Six Sigma where applicable.
- Identifying target areas, researching and implementing new directives which can improve operations for growth and prosperity.
“Jeff is a self-starter; he sees and seizes opportunities for continuous improvement. He has exceptional analytical skills and consistently works to deliver results with accountability and integrity,” said Randy Urschel, Chief Executive Officer of Stark Tech. “He has proven to be able to liaise effectively across the organization, communicating easily with staff in the full spectrum of technical roles and at all organizational levels.”
Close earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Alfred State College – SUNY College of Technology. He is also a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in New York, New Jersey, California, Colorado, Virginia, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Georgia, and Pennsylvania, along with being certified in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP).
About Stark Tech
Stark Tech is a leader in facility optimization, aligning technology with real-world experience across a diverse portfolio of capabilities. Stark is a single source agent for Master Systems Integration and Building Automation, Building Analytics, and Intelligence, and Mechanical and Electrical Equipment. Stark is a collaborative, cross-functional team working together to provide integrated solutions with in-house expertise for any building or project type.
Stark Tech is dedicated to making buildings and workplaces healthy, safe, and more sustainable.